Learning Engineering Ambassador Program
Learning engineering is the process and practice that applies the learning sciences, using human-centered engineering design methodologies and data-informed decision making, to support learners and their development.
WHAT IS THE LEARNING ENGINEERING AMBASSADOR PROGRAM?
The Ambassador program is a global network of talented technical students, passionate about applying their skills in the field of education and specifically, learning engineering.
As a learning engineering ambassador, you will have the chance to work with others who are passionate about learning engineering and network with leading organizations in the field. You will organize and run events related to learning engineering to increase awareness of and interest in the field.
The Learning Agency Lab is currently looking for students who are excited to engage with the learning engineering community as learning engineering ambassadors. Dates for the Fall 2022 Ambassador program are as follows:
- August 29th – Begin orientation, meet (virtually) the other ambassadors, and read more about the program
- September 5th – Official launch of the program, begin planning for first events
- December 9th – End of the program and final ambassadors call
WHAT IS THE GOAL OF THE PROGRAM?
The program aims to support undergraduates who are interested in exploring a career in Learning Engineering and to create pathways for students to gain experience, connections, and insight into the field. Given that “Learning Engineering” is a relatively new term, we want to promote awareness of the field in collaboration with students, and that’s where you come in!
With funding and support from the Learning Agency Lab, you will be responsible for
- Organizing learning engineering events. We believe that everyone’s unique context and experiences allow them to contribute in different ways, so you are encouraged to be creative in what kind of events you run. We also provide ready-made templates for running events that you can follow if you choose to. The focus of these events is to generate awareness and interest in the field, or provide opportunities for others to gain skills and experiences related to learning engineering.
- Attending monthly calls with other ambassadors. We strongly encourage collaboration between ambassadors for running events and providing support to one another. You will meet the other ambassador in the beginning of the program to learn about each others’ background and interests. Each month we will have a team call with all the ambassadors where you will get a chance to discuss what you are working on and get advice from other ambassadors.
We will provide support and guidance, particularly in the beginning, though the main driving force of the program is you! This is primarily a student-driven initiative, where you can gain experience in leadership roles and solving open-ended challenges.
WANT TO GET INVOLVED?