Program Director – Learning Engineering
Position: Program Director at The Learning Agency
Location: Remote/home office anywhere in the United States (Willing to work ET hours)
The Learning Agency is looking for a full-time position to oversee the design and execution of the Learning Engineering Tools Competition. The candidate will also help cultivate a community of researchers, industry professionals, computer scientists, educators, philanthropists, and government officials committed to improve research and development in education.
The ideal candidate for someone with superb project management skills and comfort operating in an outward facing role for community building and coordinating with partner organizations.
This opportunity will have a lasting impact on steering ed tech research and development and the field of learning engineering. For more on this nascent space, see the Learning Engineering wiki and landing page on the Learning Agency website.
About The Learning Agency:
The Learning Agency is a consultancy firm that helps organizations harness the power of learning. The organization works with a variety of organizations (like foundations, universities, non-profits) to develop and publicize high-quality research, programs, and products.
The team is fully remote. The founder is based in Washington, DC. To learn more about the organization, please visit www.the-learning-agency.com.
About our team culture:
At the Learning Agency, we’re a small team working on diverse projects. We look for individuals who are eager to apply their expertise to support different projects. Team members are highly adaptable, independent, entrepreneurial, organized and curious.
Our work is fast-paced and we work remotely across different time zones. We’re more about getting it done than clocking in and clocking out. That means we’re problem-solvers who rely on clear deadlines, strong follow-through, and proactive communication to keep our projects moving.
Mindsets, Duties and Responsibilities:
The following section describes desired mindsights, skills and the types of responsibilities you’d hold in the role.
You enjoy setting and executing a vision of a project in the face of challenges and competing priorities. You pride yourself in your ability to juggle projects and manage up, across and down to exceed benchmarks on time. In this role, you’ll:
- Develop a vision and process to execute the Learning Engineering Tools Competition
- Hire and manage a team of part-time contractors to manages surges in workflow
- Manage grant development and execution, including completing all deliverables on time
You love fostering and growing communities. You actively make connections between individuals in your network and look for opportunities to collaborate. In this role, you’ll:
- Engage philanthropists, venture capitalists, and other government entities who are interested in the issue and can strengthen the potential of the community.
- Manage the Learning Engineering Google Group and grow and engage a community of education technologists, data scientists, researchers, industry professionals, and educators
- Plan and execute field-building meetings with leaders in the field.
- Design and execute opportunities and events (virtual and in person) for members of the field to share ideas, expertise in communities of practice, message boards, etc.
You enjoy developing materials to support others’ development and enjoy writing for different audiences, In this role, you’ll:
- Identify areas of need and develop materials to build knowledge and skills necessary to advance the field of learning engineering
- Draft internal memos and promotional materials to help execute and meet program goals
- Oversee the updates of the Tools Competition and Learning Engineering websites
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 6+ years of project management experience in education, data science, philanthropy or other related field
- Experience building relationships and/or community networks
- Creative and strategic thinker and writer
- Exceptional organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Exemplary follow-through and flexibility, especially in the face of unexpected challenges
- Knowledge and an appreciation for the fields of learning engineering and data science
- Bachelor’s degree required
Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Learning Agency offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time salaried employees, including health benefits, a 401(k) program, and generous leave policies.
You can apply for the position, complete this form.