Program Associate (early-career professional)
Position: Program Associate at The Learning Agency
Location: Remote/home office anywhere in the United States (Willing to work ET hours)
The Learning Agency is hiring a Program Associate to support team members with administration, program logistics, communications, and project management across a wide range of projects.
The position will provide the individual with significant exposure to the fields of education, public policy, and communications, and has high potential for career growth.
About The Learning Agency:
The Learning Agency is a consultancy firm that helps organizations harness the power of learning. The organization works with a variety of organizations (like foundations, universities, non-profits) to develop and publicize high-quality research, programs, and products.
The team is fully remote. The founder is based in Washington, DC. To learn more about the organization, please visit www.the-learning-agency.com.
About our team culture:
At the Learning Agency, we’re a small team working on diverse projects. We look for individuals who are eager to apply their expertise to support different projects. An ideal Program Associate as highly adaptable, independent, entrepreneurial, ultra-organized, and curious.
Our work is fast-paced and we work remotely across different time zones. We’re more about getting it done than clocking in and clocking out. That means we’re problem-solvers who rely on clear deadlines, strong follow-through, and proactive communication to keep our projects moving.
Mindsets, Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Associate will engage in diverse projects. The following section describes desired mindsets, skills and the types of responsibilities you’d hold in the role.
You’re great with spreadsheets and juggling projects, excited to improve processes, and have a keen eye to catch the little errors. You enjoy sending reminders to keep the team on track. In this role, you’ll:
- Track and report out progress of programs toward deadlines and goals.
- Manage trackers and develop organizational systems to support project management.
- Coordinate with external stakeholders such as contractors (graphic designer, web developer, etc.) and client partners.
You can write for different audiences, and are excited to research and learn. You know how to adapt text for a newsletter, website, email or social media, and can craft a strong call to action. In this role, you’ll:
- Support the development and implementation of communications and marketing plans
- Draft public-facing collateral and promotional materials such as one-pagers, decks, and landing pages.
- Manage an editorial calendar, create engaging content for social media, newsletters, websites, and email campaigns to boost engagement.
- Research and draft memos such as policy briefs, backgrounders, or talking points.
Community Building & Events
You’re excited to coordinate logistics, develop compelling content to engage a community, and keep all the balls in the air. You know that when one thing changes, we’ve got 10 other documents to update. In this role, you’ll:
- Support project leads to plan events by designing detailed program agendas, brainstorming speakers, and drafting talking points.
- Draft clear content to excite participants and community-members and ensure they have timely, detailed information to engage.
- Manage logistics for virtual meetings and in-person meetings.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications, knowledge, and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Have 1-3 years of professional work experience.
- Exceptional organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Exemplary follow-through and flexibility, especially in the face of unexpected challenges
- Comfort communicating with and adapting content for diverse audiences
- Experience researching, writing, and editing effective, creative, and error-free content
- Interest in the education field and passion for educational equity
- Experience with Microsoft and Google Drive platforms – Mailchimp is a plus!
Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Learning Agency offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time salaried employees, including health benefits, a 401(k) program, and generous leave policies.