Communications Associate (early-career professional)
The Learning Agency is looking for a full-time communications associate. The ideal candidate must be a solid writer who can author research reports, op-eds, newsletters, and web content. An ability to get up to speed on new projects fast and contribute ideas and high-quality work right away is critical. Flexibility and an ability to adapt to changing priorities and workflows are paramount. The experience will provide the individual with significant exposure to a consulting firm and a unique opportunity to help grow an organization.
Location: Remote/home office anywhere in the United States (Willing to work Eastern or Central hours)
About The Learning Agency:
The Learning Agency is a consultancy firm that helps organizations harness the power of learning. The organization works with a variety of organizations (like foundations, universities, and non-profits) to develop and publicize high-quality research, programs, and products.
The team is fully remote. The founder is based in Washington, DC, and the Communications Director is based in Texas.
About our team culture:
At The Learning Agency, we’re a small team working on diverse projects. We look for individuals who are eager to apply their expertise to support different projects. An ideal Program Associate is highly adaptable, independent, entrepreneurial, ultra-organized, and curious.
Our work is fast-paced and we work remotely across different time zones. We’re more about getting it done than clocking in and clocking out. That means we’re problem-solvers who rely on clear deadlines, strong follow-through, and proactive communication to keep our projects moving.
About the Position:
The Learning Agency is seeking candidates who can work with the team to provide communication support to clients working in the fields of education and misinformation/disinformation research.
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Writing: reports, articles, op-eds, newsletter, and social media content.
- Supporting the development and implementation of strategic communications and marketing plans
- Proactively seeking out and recommending communications opportunities that will advance the work of our clients and the agency
- Assisting with and supporting project management
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years professional writing experience
- Ability to produce high-quality writing across a variety of mediums (newsletters, social media, briefing reports, web content, and research reports)
- Ability to take complex research and reports and translate them into attention-getting articles, op-eds, social media content, etc. for general audiences
- Flexible, able to work independently, and able to shift gears quickly as priorities change
- Writing, writing, writing. This is the most important skill you’ll bring to the work. Those with journalism experience are encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, education and/or learning science highly desired
- Experience with SEO, with marketing platforms like MailChimp, and website platforms like WordPress (preferred but not required)
Selected applicants will be asked to complete a performance task and/or complete a short consulting period to assess skills and capabilities.
Salary is commensurate with experience. The Learning Agency offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time salaried employees, including health benefits, a 401(k) program, and generous leave policies.